Friday, August 12, 2011

Tiny Victories

August 10
The girls - Team Frickinfrack - are officially 50% potty trained.  Relief for the mama, and relief, well partial, to the wallet.  Ella is now talking about getting earrings.  We went from Dora pull-ups to earrings in the span of three days......<sigh>.  Gianna will come around.  Eventually.  Very headstrong, stubborn little girl.  Who I think may be choosing to stay in pull ups simply to assert her own choice.  Hm.  I don't know anyone like that!

August 11
Back to working out.  I felt in a bit of a rut the last three weeks.  Too hot.  Too this and too that.  Too easy to feel sorry for myself.  Stupid!  Back to 45 minute power walks.  With the amazing company of me, myself and I.  Walking allows me to get away from all that's negative and embrace everything that is simple and too easily forgotten or overlooked.  The shape of the clouds.  The sunrise.  The gorgeous breeze coming off the lake.  People and animal watching....most entertaining.  Saying "good morning" to the host of regulars on the path.  I can almost smell fall.  What a great week of weather it has been!  Actually, it has been an all-around great week.

August 12
Doctor's office called following bloodwork I had on Wednesday.  I can dump one of my prescriptions as I no longer need it.  See, when you have cancer and you have to remind yourself of this because physically you feel perfectly normal, and you HATE having to be dependent on medications, this is not a tiny victory but a huge one!

Then, the genetic counselor called....my genetic mutation testing came back negative.  I am on a streak!!!  Keep it coming.....    




No comments:

Post a Comment